Convergent Outsourcing - Convergent - collection agency is harrasing people

Just recieved a letter from Convergent Outsourcing, Inc located at Houston, TX 77043 regarding the debt with the compaby I had never had any account with.Convergent does not even my full name right.

They say I owe over $2,000 and they are willing to settle at 50%. I have just recieved a credit approval for mortgage, so it is a scam! I think people like me should try to see them in court and get compensation for punitive damages!

They also called my cel - I never talked to them as I thought it was a wrong number!Should I report them to DA?

More Review Details

Helpful? 175 Yes 175 132 No 132
Had the same issue 169 Yes 169
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jul 29 #1013504

I just got a call from a business stating that their name was Convergent Outsourcing (phone number on my Caller ID is916-431-0755) and they were a debt collection agency. No more information was given, save a phone number, which they gave so quickly, I did not have time to write down. I had no indication of what account it might be, who they thought they were talking to (in case it was a wrong number) or any other particulars. So I input the name in my search engine and ended up at this site. It seems to be the right place. I tried calling back the number, and was told someone would be with me several times, so I hung up. Does anyone recognize that number? If so, maybe it will help.

Jul 28 #1012904

Don't call them! Send a DEBT VALIDAT
ION LETTER (find online) and ask them to prove the debt. They will send you a letter of apology; but keep records to show any further harassment by them. To turn a blind eye to it will lead to a bad credit report.

Jul 14 #1007587

This is kind of helping us. We keep getting calls from Convergent people, but we don't know who they are. Thanks!

Jul 11 #1006247

I Just found out On My Credit Report that they say I owe 314.00 to T-Mobile as of 1-15-15 I haven't had T mobile since my ex-wife had it in 2010 and I canceled it and T-Mobile agrees with me., and T-Mobile doesn't show any account with them that went to collection, And Go figure they wont answer the Dam phone at the Number I get on there website,
So how do I get it off my Credit Report ?

Jul 23 #1010974

im going through the same problem did you figure yours out

Jun 08 #992603 Louisville, Kentucky

I had this as well last week.....
they say these are ghost accounts....and once you agree to pay, THEY GOT YA!!"

Apr 21 #974531

Just had a letter from convergent use harassing me to pay a collection bill for 3,500$.
Never had this problem before. I will report them to the BBB.

1 2 Reply

Apr 01 #966463 Las Cruces, New Mexico

Report them to FTC (Federal Trade Commission) because they are breaking the law with regard to the Fair Credit Reporting Act.

They must obey the law

Feb 11 #944465 Kalispell, Montana

File all complaints with the CFPB, consumer finance protection bureau, depending on the state you reside in they may also be required to be licensed so Google your state regulatory department and see if they are and if not immediately notify them and that includes if they are contacting you out of state. You can also file a complaint not only with the state regulators but the Attorney General as well and then there is the FTC, Federal Trade Comission, the ACA American Collectors Association and if they are a member they may not be abiding to the bylaws of the ACA and you might be able to have their membership revoked. collection agencies are needed but they must adhere to the FDCPA which can also be googled. If formal complaints are not filed they will continue to skate under the radar.

Jan 31 #939258 Nashville, Tennessee

I got one from Convergent Outsourcing, Renton WA saying I owed "Direct Energy" $1327.32 but they would settle the debt for $464.56. I've never had any account with "Direct Energy" so I first plan to call their phone number and if that doesn't help it will go to law enforcement.

Nov 21, 2014 #904118 Beaverton, Oregon

I just received two letters from Convergent Outsouring for a $5000. debt they say my mother incurred in 1998. She never took out this alleged loan. I feel this is a scam. Should I contact this company or the local District Attorney? I think I will call the DA.

7 4 Reply

Nov 11, 2014 #898757 Lakeland, Florida

I just received a letter stating I owe 35,000 seems like a scam

Oct 20, 2014 #887470

a debt shows on my credit report from Convergent Outsourcing saying I owe Spring $1,178 and the collections account was opened on June 9, 2010. I did not have a sprint account in 2010 actually it's been probably over 10 years since I've had a sprint account and it definitely was not no $1,178 dollars that account was opened way before smart phones that I can remember, so no data needed and no extra monthly payment towards your phone. I looked up their contact info to try and get a hold of them to see what the H**l they are talking about but a bunch of scam reports from them came up. What should I do? I won't deny a debt that I made and am currently in the process of fixing but this I did not rack up.

9 0 Reply

Jan 12 #930144 Baton Rouge, Louisiana

I got the same thing. They sent me a letter saying that I owe $831 to Sprint. I haven't had Sprint service since 1997. I'm glad I found this site. I'm not calling or paying squat!

Oct 17, 2014 #886191

I have been getting a phone call everyday, several times a time a day and leaves no message. The prefix is 910, somewhere out of North Carolina. I am so fed up that I dialed the number to see who was on the other end. A person answered with Convergence Outsourcing. I really did not feel like finding out who this was and ask questions since I don't know anything about them. And upon reading some of the posted reviews, I have never received any mail from them.

Oct 15, 2014 #885138

Sent me a letter on a debit that was 14 years ago in a different state

Sep 25, 2014 #875110

I've never received a letter from this company. This company called at 8:00am. They've called 3 times in one day.

Aug 22, 2014 #860163 Oregon, United States

What if you paid the bill they say you owe, like 10-13 years ago. I no longer have the paper work to show that I did. I thought it was taken care of years ago.

Jan 12 #930146 Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Don't fall for it. I'm sure the statute of limitations has come and gone. What happens is the creditor you paid sold your account to another agency, even though you paid. The agency that bought it is hoping that they will scare you into paying it again. You don't have anything to worry about.

1 0 Reply

1-20 of 102 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.