Convergent Outsourcing - Convergent - collection agency is harrasing people

Dec 16, 2011
review #282143

Just recieved a letter from Convergent Outsourcing, Inc located at Houston, TX 77043 regarding the debt with the compaby I had never had any account with.Convergent does not even my full name right.

They say I owe over $2,000 and they are willing to settle at 50%. I have just recieved a credit approval for mortgage, so it is a scam! I think people like me should try to see them in court and get compensation for punitive damages!

They also called my cel - I never talked to them as I thought it was a wrong number!Should I report them to DA?

be7df62
Had an experience with Convergent Outsourcing?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions

1 day ago Beaverton, Oregon

I just received two letters from Convergent Outsouring for a $5000. debt they say my mother incurred in 1998. She never took out this alleged loan. I feel this is a scam. Should I contact this company or the local District Attorney? I think I will call the DA.

upsetsahm

Oct 20

a debt shows on my credit report from Convergent Outsourcing saying I owe Spring $1,178 and the collections account was opened on June 9, 2010. I did not have a sprint account in 2010 actually it's been probably over 10 years since I've had a sprint account and it definitely was not no $1,178 dollars that account was opened way before smart phones that I can remember, so no data needed and no extra monthly payment towards your phone. I looked up their contact info to try and get a hold of them to see what the H**l they are talking about but a bunch of scam reports from them came up. What should I do? I won't deny a debt that I made and am currently in the process of fixing but this I did not rack up.

Oct 17

I have been getting a phone call everyday, several times a time a day and leaves no message. The prefix is 910, somewhere out of North Carolina. I am so fed up that I dialed the number to see who was on the other end. A person answered with Convergence Outsourcing. I really did not feel like finding out who this was and ask questions since I don't know anything about them. And upon reading some of the posted reviews, I have never received any mail from them.

blondie

Oct 15

Sent me a letter on a debit that was 14 years ago in a different state

Carol

Sep 25

I've never received a letter from this company. This company called at 8:00am. They've called 3 times in one day.

Lenny

Aug 22 Oregon, United States

What if you paid the bill they say you owe, like 10-13 years ago. I no longer have the paper work to show that I did. I thought it was taken care of years ago.

Pissed Off

Jul 17

I've received both letters and phone calls from these people. They say that Time Warner Cable has asked them to collect on a bill that I didn't pay. I spoke with TWC and they said that they didn't ask them to collect anything from me and that my account with them has never had any problems at all. In fact TWC claimed that they don't use these people at all for anything! So I called convergent and they said that TWC is lying and that by the fact that I'm calling them is an admission of guilt? I feel that this is just an example of how corrupt our country has become!

anonymous

Jun 14

Anonymous I got a letter that said I owed $13,000.00 and they would settle for 50% of it. These people need to be turned into DA or the United states attorney general. What a fraud group.

0 1 Reply

Jun 03

Be careful and make sure you check your credit report! I ignored a previous letter from these bozos and they put a derogatory mark on my credit report. I had to go to Transunion to dispute it and have it removed!

Everyday Joe

Jun 01 Upland, California

We just received a letter. Not the first time this has happened in my husband's common name. Urgh! Frustrating and time consuming.

May 28 Sanford, Florida

I received 3 letters for 3 separate companies that i have never have had accounts with today. I have a very common name also.

RAYDOG

Feb 27 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

i just received a letter saying that I have a debt with Verizon of $201.28 but if I send in $100.00 they forget the rest.I called Verizon and they told me that I don't owe them anything that my account whit them is clear , i called this people and I told them to kiss my a and if they think that I owe them anything you have my address come and get it you liar peace of s

1 0 Reply

Jan 27

I just received a letter too, I never had an act with them. Its an outrageous amount! How are they doing this? :( :( :( :( :(

Anonnymous

Jan 25 San Antonio, Texas

I Just receive a Letter regarding a debt to Sprint I had never had any account with Sprint. I located in San Antonio TX 78229
I'm not pay this account is not my. remove my name from your list

bethanyie

Dec 24, 2013

I just received a letter too! We should all report them to the BBB! And the Attorney General of your state!

Pissedofmom

Dec 20, 2013

I just received 2 collection letters from these people. I just verified that they have the wrong person now I have to take time away from my job to contact Convergent to remove my name.

Dec 02, 2013

I just received a phone call from a lady who asked if she could have the number that I was contacted on. I asked who she was. She said Ms. Rawlings. I asked what company she was with. She said Convergent Outsourcing. I asked what they wanted. She asked again if she could have the number I was contacted on. I said no.

The same day I received a letter in the mail from Convergent Outsourcing saying I owe $166.60 on an account that they would settle for 70%. I do not even have an account with that company.

I just had a refi too. I think this is where they get their info. I will check my credit reports to make sure they are not messing with my credit!

1-20 of 87 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.