• show-popup

Product / Service Debt Collection
Location Paterson, New Jersey
Category Collection Agencies
Views 2584

Just recieved a letter from Convergent Outsourcing, Inc located at Houston, TX 77043 regarding the debt with the compaby I had never had any account with.Convergent does not even my full name right.

They say I owe over $2,000 and they are willing to settle at 50%. I have just recieved a credit approval for mortgage, so it is a scam! I think people like me should try to see them in court and get compensation for punitive damages!

They also called my cel - I never talked to them as I thought it was a wrong number!Should I report them to DA? 2ea84cc

Comments (76) Hide comments
Showing 20 of 76 comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Feb 27  from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
i just received a letter saying that I have a debt with Verizon of $201.28 but if I send in $100.00 they forget the rest.I called Verizon and they told me that I don't owe them anything that my account whit them is clear , i called this people and I told them to kiss my a and if they think that I owe them anything you have my address come and get it you liar peace of s
Reply to RAYDOG

Jan 27
I just received a letter too, I never had an act with them. Its an outrageous amount! How are they doing this? :( :( :( :( :(

Jan 25  from San Antonio, Texas
I Just receive a Letter regarding a debt to Sprint I had never had any account with Sprint. I located in San Antonio TX 78229
I'm not pay this account is not my. remove my name from your list
Reply to Anonnymous

Jan 06  from Boston, Massachusetts
They tryda get me also.I'm not paying jack ***.take me to court.

Dec 24, 2013
I just received a letter too! We should all report them to the BBB! And the Attorney General of your state!
Reply to bethanyie

Dec 20, 2013
I just received 2 collection letters from these people. I just verified that they have the wrong person now I have to take time away from my job to contact Convergent to remove my name.
Reply to Pissedofmom

Dec 02, 2013
I just received a phone call from a lady who asked if she could have the number that I was contacted on. I asked who she was. She said Ms. Rawlings. I asked what company she was with. She said Convergent Outsourcing. I asked what they wanted. She asked again if she could have the number I was contacted on. I said no.

The same day I received a letter in the mail from Convergent Outsourcing saying I owe $166.60 on an account that they would settle for 70%. I do not even have an account with that company.

I just had a refi too. I think this is where they get their info. I will check my credit reports to make sure they are not messing with my credit!

Nov 26, 2013  from Jacksonville, North Carolina
I received 2 letters recently, 1 of which was a paypal account that I am supposedly behind on. Funny thing is that I have a paypal account but do not use the pay later or their credit card so there is no way possible that it can be behind. Definite a scam so do not call, and especially do not give them any money at all

Nov 19, 2013
convergent also has called me and sent me letters and I do not know how they got my number or address which most places now a days will sell your number and address for compensation, this is a fraud, they always ask for 50 per cent.
Reply to Big Daddy Kane

Nov 05, 2013
We should all bring them to court there was a time when this kind of company could not exist

Darold Hunter
Reply to d.hunter

Oct 09, 2013  from Little Falls, Minnesota
I just got a phone call from these people looking for someone I don't know only moved to the area a month ago they say our names match sorry wrong when I say I don't know the person they ask if I am sure wtf I think I would know who lives in m ty home and just jut S's because I have the same American ad the person they are looking for I am wrong b.s
Reply to love

Oct 08, 2013
I, too, was contacted by these people by telephone. I have perfect credit, but also just had a re-fi done, so this is apparently where they get their list, and our personal information.

They tried to get me to verify my name and SS#, which I wouldn't do. They never even got to their scam with me because I was furious that they called my home about 22 times over a 2-week period. Since I work from home, I got tired of it and finally picked up the phone. These people are so creepy, they know your name when you call. What I've done is called them non-stop for 2 days now telling whoever will listen that they are working for a company that is scamming people and they should Google Convergent and look at what they are doing to people. One woman said to me, "I don't know how to respond to this." I told her to read the BBB complaints and think about what they are doing to people. When I call THEM (which really rattles them), they always say things like "is this ____ ____," trying to get my name. I wish everyone would hound them back, it's unconscionable what a scam this is.
Reply to pamorama

Sep 27, 2013
I've been receiving calls at my place of employment with them using my maiden name, demanding that I verify my physical home address. I've asked the agent for his name, spell it out for me, why are you calling me. They won't talk to me since I won't give my address. Hey!! You called ME, right? Don't you have that information. Let's just tattoo "Dummy" on my forehead. I've tried to give them my attorney's phone number & they refuse to take it. WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE??? Enough is enough. I wish all the rest of us smart folks well. Good Luck my fiends. Eve

Sep 24, 2013  from Anchorage, Alaska
I have got the new # for the scammers .....1-800-444-8485 I also am having problems with them....
Reply to bubbacat

Sep 16, 2013
convergence also claims that my husband owes $8,410.42 original creditor Direct merchants credit card bank,N.A. settlement in full:
$1,261.56 we have never even heard of this credit card bank.
these people will target the young as well as widows and even the elderly. don't pay file a police report with the fraud dept.
Reply to mouse

Sep 16, 2013
my husband received a letter asking for payment having his name asking for his last four of his ssn and then requesting a letter written in his own hand to confirm he had not account with this bank in texas. our phone is restricted and I am filing a police report with the fraud unit. I am a senator's grand daughter and from a family of lawyers if they will go after my husband they will go after anyone.
Reply to mouse

Sep 03, 2013  from Dallas, Texas
I just got a letter from Convergent saying I owe $255 for Dish Network but they'll settle for half. We are in the process of buying a house and, after reading other notes below, that is probably what triggered these a-holes. Luckily I knew I was in good standings. To be clear -THIS IS FRAUD. Do not pay them. Would love for someone to post proper way to report these guys.
Reply to Texasprop

Aug 16, 2013  from Dallas, Texas
Yep, I just received a letter for an account I had with my ex husband with my old name on it from 14 years ago. Let's say it's been long since paid. I tried to call both of the phone numbers on the letter that I just got and they are both changed or disconnected. Yes, fraud.

Aug 14, 2013
I just got the same letter, never had the account they mentioned in the letter, I tossed the letter.

Aug 14, 2013
I recently got a copy of my credit report and these people were on there for sprint. mind you ive never had a sprint phone in my name. I'm afraid to call them. ugh help..... :? :? :? :? :?

Read next Convergent Outsourcing complaint

Convergent Outsourcing,Inc. Completey WRONG...

THIS SO CALLED "BILL" UR SENDING ME FOR $6,373.56 WITH A "SETTLEMENT AMOUNT" OF $3,186.78.WELL, U MI...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Convergent Outsourcing.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug