Convergent Outsourcing Inc.

Feb 15, 2012
review #297383

Be on the lookout - this is a debt collection company saying that you owe money and I've checked with the company listed on my letter (Capital One) and they can't find any record showing that I owe money.

I've reviewed this company it's clear to me not real.

I've had my identity stolen last summer (drivers license only) but have had people write checks using my DL and write checks under a name spelled somewhat like mine so I don't verify information easily.

Not only are Debt Collection Agency employees rude but they will lie to you over and over to try to get you to pay a debt that you don't owe.JUST AND FYI.

9c4c6b2
Had an experience with Convergent Outsourcing?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions

Sep 06

One needs to take specific actions to dispute a claim of indebtedness within 30 days or else one by default admits to owing the debt and legal action can commence. Please see http://www.bcsalliance.com/debt_debt_collectors_first_steps.html for a course of action. By all means contact the Attorney General in your state reporting the instance.

moonlady56

Aug 11

This company called me and left a message. I am so glad that I came online and checked them out. I had an instinctive feeling that they were shady.

WatchGlobe

Jun 26

This company is a fraudulent company and trying collect money without having any real debt. I have also reported to the District Attorney's office and pursuing a real investigation and bring criminal charges against them. I even spoke with them today. They are claiming with false claims that I have total over $120,000.00 USD with total from 3 companies. I have no clue what they are talking about.
They called me today and telephone nr showed up 770 870 1081 but they are not located in Georgia. Lady that I was speaking with she said her name is Veronica Green then I asked for a supervisor she just hung up on me. I called back soon heard my voice hung up again. After placing 5 calls a guy answer the phone but did not want to give me his name. However, he transferred me to his supervisor Steve Mamou. I asked him what is his street address because he is going get server with Court papers by US Marshall and he did not want to give me his address. Then he gave me a bogus PO box nr. Then I searched I found the address: Steve Mamou, Supervisor
10750 Hammerly Blvd.
Suite: 200
Houston, TX 77043
and their Corporate address is Convergent Outsourcing, Inc. PO Box 9004 Renton, WA 98057-9004 This is a fraudulant company and they are basically targeting innocent people to collect money. Also often they target to the senior citizens. Anyone receive any calls from this company please contact immidiately to you local authority or Call FBI at 935 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
... Show more

glen

Jun 17 Ross, North Dakota

Okay here we go got a letter from convergent so I called they wanted my information ss number all of that I told the women when I get the account information ill get back to her then I read the fine print if I didn't send a letter within 60 day disputing the debt they would assume the debit was valid. I sent it back told them had a account with AT&T 15 yrs. ago and 2004 did a bankruptcy it would have been discharged. So what do I get in the mail paperwork to find out if my identity was stolen. What does that have to do with the account information I requested. this supposedly was turned over to them from Palisades collection and now I 'm reading all these stories that this is a fraudulent thing these guys are pulling. Well we will see I am making a trip to Arizona in august and ill be making a stop at the bankruptcy court there I will inquire as to why a company would be trying to collect a debt that was discharged in my chapter 7 14 yrs. ago if they want the info on this company I will be more that happy to help the state go after these scammers since I'm a senior citizen and getting ready to retire I don't need this kind of stress.

1 0 Reply
JJ

May 17 Chicago, Illinois

This company is a fakes they asking you to pay them money and you didn't know about. Do not talk to them or respond to their mails.

Rjhseven

May 06

Just a letter from Convergent for an account at Comcast that is not even mine. I will on phone mailing letters for 20 hours over $20.

Another1LikeU

Apr 05

Convergent is still at it trying to collect debt. How much longer do you guys think that they have before they stop their illegal activities?

scamkiller2324

Mar 22 Houston, Texas

They called my phone number asking for two different people who I do not even know. So I called back and asked what company they worked for.It was Convergent Outsourcing Inc. I then proceeded to look them up. Turns out, they are pretty bad with the BBB. And they are also on the Ripoff Report. I also found our via some digging that the company was once called ER solutions. After finding out this information I called them under a fake name. I talked to a very nice young man by the name of Michael Hunter. I asked him if his company was at one time called ER solutions. He confirmed. I then asked him if he was aware that his company had a bad rap with the BBB. He tried to say that there were a lot of things that the internet tried to say that were bad but that they were not true. awwww...lol. I told him that he did not need to lie to me. That I already knew about them and had looked them up and he really tried desperately to hold on to his faith that the company that he worked for was a good company. But I think I messed him up pretty good. He tried to hard. I spoke to him about some of the horror stories that I had read about and even pretended to have my own horror story that I claimed to have happened when the company was still ER solutions.. He believed me and apologized for the mess up. I then proceeded to explain to him that what he was doing was indeed illegal and had actually been reported to the FBI on a few occasions (which I found out because I called them and asked.... Show more

1 0 Reply
I hate Convergent

Feb 21

Check the cities of the questionable posts ( i.e.. WOW on April 4th 2013 ) - You can see the uneducated call center staff for Convergent posting some entertaining stuff. They're located in the same cities as their collections offices ( ie Seattle ) Imagine doing what they do....as YOUR EVERY DAY JOB!!!! hahaha that is the biggest joke of all. Working in a call center, for an SHI**(& company....one which doesn't make anything, build anything....no impact whatsoever, other than illegally harassing fraudulent debt....obviously zero education, zero prospects! sucks for you dude! hahaha....I'm cashing my checks right now. And your two-bit company is not getting a *** DIME!

whitetail1

Jan 14

Iwas told in a letter from Convergent out of Houston Tx. I owe a debt from Sprint, never had sprint , also they said if I pay half of the debt within 30 days. Account would be cleared paid in full. This is a scam BEWARE

wilderwear

Jan 06

I just got the same debt collection bill from Galaxy Portfolios, LLC offering me a settlement. I've never heard of this company, I just got my credit report last month and no such debt is listed...so after reading other complaints, this is a scam of some type. Spread the word!

not me

Dec 18, 2013

THEY CALLED ME YESTERDAY AND ASKED FOR ME IN MY MAIDEN NAME AND ITS BEEN ALMOST 13 YEARS SINCE I'VE USED MY MAIDEN NAME. I TOLD THEM " IM THE DAUGHTER, SHE ISNT HERE RIGHT NOW AND HASNT USED THAT LAST NAME IN ALMOST 13 YEARS, THEY KNEW THEY MESSED UP

Smokey

Dec 11, 2013

If you want to get answers to this, first tell them to stop calling, then put it in writting and mail it to the address they have, never give anyone you didn't call, any personal information. They hung up on me as soon as I told them the call was being recorded. In my state, you don't have to tell them, but I do it just to shut them up. Yes I do record all my calls. 8)

jo

Nov 22, 2013

I had the same thing happen to me except they said I owe dish network

Nov 05, 2013

Once you confirm your identity with a debt collector they will add the debt to your credit report. So on the first call if you answer their questions such as: complete full name, address and tax id/ SS #, you are done. If the account is not yours but your name matches what they have on file, they will add the debt. Then you'll have hard time proving its not yours.

Sep 04, 2013

called and won't say what they want or it's a personal matter and it is being recorded. lied to me about company. rude

aldo

Aug 18, 2013 New Ipswich, New Hampshire

Don't pay them if you're in doubt, dispute the debt, make them validate it, I just did this with them and all 3 credit bureau's within 2 weeks they removed a debt of $1560 from my reports.
They work fast when they're wrong

nicole

Aug 14, 2013 Spartanburg, South Carolina

All of need to pay your *** bills you know you had it or else they wont be calling im telling you i had a an old acct from 1997 and told EVERYBODY i was not paying because it was too old. Now i have a lein for all these old acctouts that i didnt want to pay from the Federal Government--lesson learned i pay my bills now!! now i dont know your situation but i can tell you these people will make you pay

1-20 of 65 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Convergent Outsourcing.
Filing a new complaint about
×