Convergent Outsourcing Inc.

Be on the lookout - this is a debt collection company saying that you owe money and I've checked with the company listed on my letter (Capital One) and they can't find any record showing that I owe money.

I've reviewed this company it's clear to me not real.

I've had my identity stolen last summer (drivers license only) but have had people write checks using my DL and write checks under a name spelled somewhat like mine so I don't verify information easily.

Not only are Debt Collection Agency employees rude but they will lie to you over and over to try to get you to pay a debt that you don't owe.JUST AND FYI.

Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 186 Yes 186 288 No 288
Had the same issue 45 Yes 45
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Apr 14 #1144549

Looks like these creeps are still in business. I missed a call today from "Private Name" at 205-994-7698, Birmingham Al area code. I called it back and was put on hold for the next representative. A woman finally answered and I asked her who she was. She gave me her name (?) and I told her I wanted to know what company called me and she gave me the name "Converging Outsourcing Inc." I asked her what she wanted and she asked me if my number was ***-****. She evidently had caller ID. She then asked me if I was Latonya Ross. I told her no and she apologized for the call. The whole call was weird and seemed like a fishing expedition.

Feb 05 #1107240

I am having the same problem! My case is a utility bill at an address I never lived at. I haven't EVER lived or worked in that city. I also contacted the original creditor who confirmed the debt is not mine. Now I keep talking in circles with these people who refuse to remove my SSN from this account, saying I have to dispute it with the credit reporting agencies! Nonsense.This is not my bill and they need to find the real person. I'm actually getting close. I found and got in touch with the woman's father. If I can do this with a couple Google searches, these scammers can too.

Nov 25, 2015 #1069552

Is there a way to report them cause they keep calling my phone day and night and always saying I owe a debt and when I ask for there name they say they can't give it unless I give all my info I want to report them

Nov 09, 2015 #1060717

I will be filing a complaint with the BBC as well as the Att. Gen. Ofc of Maryland and NC

Watchyerass

Sep 24, 2015 #1038530

I have been receiving calls from this Coversion outsouring in Phx. AZ.. They will not tell me who they are or what they want. After a couple seconds or minutes asking them What DO You WANT!!! They hang up on me.602-396-5356 Number called from
I do not know what or who they are! Beware of these scammers!

May 14, 2015 #984325

I just got a call from this company, they said they represented a bank that I had an account with years ago. I refused to give my address or last 4 of my SSN because I recently pulled all 3 of my credit reports and nothing to do with this bank is on them as a collection. The girl got nasty with me when I asked her for the company name and where they were located (they called from a local area code) so I asked to speak to the manager. I waited about 8 minutes before another lady got on, and she also argued with me, but at least gave me the company name. She would not give me any information about myself since I wouldn't tell her my address and last 4. Ever since I got engaged this has happened several times. Always different debt collectors about accounts I have had in the past that were closed with no debt. Really starting to *** me off, they are so rude. I am contacting the bank in question to find out what the heck is going on. My feeling is that it is a scam, it has to be. I don't owe people money.

Apr 30, 2015 #978439

I just got a call from conversion outsourcing, they asked for my wife. I asked them what they wanted and they told me it was a personal matter. I asked what type of personal matter as I was her husband and they said it was of a personal matter again. I told them that I needed to know what this was about prior to me giving them anything, they asked for her date of birth and I asked the lady what her DOB was. At that point she hung up on me. So I called back and asked again what the company was, they refused to tell me. I plan to contact my local office of the FBI to report them. What was odd was the phone number they used was a local number, wonder how they do that?????

Aug 27, 2015 #1025996

I just got a call from this Conversion Outsources incorporated too. First of all the phone number that they call, that number is no longer in service, that phone was shut off, I look over on my dresser and the phone is ringing, so when I answered it no one said anything so I hung up and called it back a gentlemen answered it and started asking questions, my named, my mailing address and the last 4 numbers of my Social Security. I kept asking him what was this pertaining to, he said he couldn't discuss anything with me until I verify the information that he asked me. He said he will call back another time, I told him don't do that or I'm gonna report him & his company to the police. Watch out people there is something crazy going on. DO NOT GIVE OUT ANY OF YOU INFORMATION.

TT

Apr 14, 2015 #971769 Sykesville, Maryland

So I just received a call from this place as well. I wasn't aware of the company name because the rep who called would not give me that information. So I called the number from my work phone and another person answered and identified the company name upon answering. I then Google the company and came across this thread. The current number that they are using is (410) 864-3247. I believe they are using number that are within your area code so that the receiver will answer the phone. I am glad I checked, now I will have to follow-up with credit checks

0 1 Reply
FBI

Feb 26, 2015 #951359

Beware, they are calling from 201-984-5455 and giving out a 1/800 382-2885 as a call back number, and the same exact person that actually called you will answer it. They start asking you your social number.

Dec 01, 2014 #909012 San Jose, California

Wow - I'm so glad all of you took the time to post, so here I am to pay back the favor forward. I received a call from 408-680-2203 but didn't get to it in time. I called back from another number, and was answered with a recording and a request to "hold." After a minute, a woman answered. I asked what company she was with, and she said, "Conversion outsourcing." I told her I saw this number come up on another phone, and she wanted that number to look me up. Thank goodness I didn't give it to her. I asked again what type of business this was, and she said it was a personal matter. I said that I'd pass on that information to the owner of the phone. Phew. Close Call!
Thanks for the warnings everybody.

keepingithonest

Dec 01, 2014 #908997 Gettysburg, Pennsylvania

Just got a call from them with a WASHINGTON DC phone number wanting money from some company we never heard of from 10 yrs ago.. CSR was very rude and I told him I have a service that watches our credit nothing is listed there. I felt like it was a very shady call from the beginning. CSR wanted SS # I would not give to them I told them if you were a collection agency you would have that information available and statue of collection a debt is 7 yrs you are calling me on a bill I never heard of 10 yrs later. CSR wanted our home address I told them don't call our family at home or work numbers if you have something send me a letter through USPS and I will forward to attorney CSR told me their was nothing she could do for us and hung up on me. WATCH OUT new phone number using is 215-220-4595.

Fully Discusted

Nov 25, 2014 #905970 Thousand Oaks, California

We just got home from a vacation and saw this notice in our mail box that we owed $18,205.32 and there's a letter here that says that we can settle it for ONLY $12,743.72 with 3 convenient ways to pay! Absurd! We don't owe anybody this money. When we called they said that there was not a middle initial listed and that they could not give us any info about what it was about until we gave them the last 4 digits of our social security number. They rudely hung up on us when I wouldn't give them my social security number. Every credit card company asks for they last four digits of your social, for security purposes, so that's valuable information. We didn't give it and they did not give us info about who we owed this money to. On the website (www.convergenttusa.com) which looks like it deals with healthcare, that is on the bill that we got, it says that Convergent "help clients bridge relationships with all its customers". Is that what debt collectors do? That doesn't sound like what a debt collector does. We haven't seen any other bills but yet they want to settle? Makes no sence. We called them back and asked for supervisor and they said that he was on other line.

Oct 23, 2014 #889447

READ THIS THREAD AND THE MANY OTHERS OUT THERE ABOUT THIS COMPANY, IF YOU RECEIVED ANYTHING FROM THEM. This is a sophisticated scam, run by what seems like sophisticated criminals and I am so PISSED OFF right now! It has taken me YEARS to FINALLY get my credit out of the crapper and I was LITERALLY just saying a couple days ago when I checked my report, how happy I was that my credit is now considered "good." Then, all of the sudden today, I receive a letter in the mail from this company, claiming I owe money to a bank that I have never used in my life. In fact, it is a bank that is nowhere near the area that I even live!
Thank the Lord for a site like this and that I checked ahead of time because the letter did seem "official" and had an address and phone number, but there was ZERO specifics other than the amount owed and a website I could go to or phone number I could call to pay off the debt in full. Something just didn't seem right and then I found these reviews, exposing the horror of these flat out criminals. I am now basically just holding my breath that some BS is not added to my credit report, which will result in a huge headache having it removed. How does a company like this exist and get away with this for so long? These comments date back to 2012! This "company" has seriously not been shut down, yet!? I can see how people would fall for something like this and I am one of the most skeptical people you will meet! I truly hope these people are stopped and I
... Show more

Sep 06, 2014 #866578

One needs to take specific actions to dispute a claim of indebtedness within 30 days or else one by default admits to owing the debt and legal action can commence. Please see http://www.bcsalliance.com/debt_debt_collectors_first_steps.html for a course of action. By all means contact the Attorney General in your state reporting the instance.

1 1 Reply

Mar 15 #1127908

That is not true at all. You are pprobably from this company. Stop spreading this ***!

moonlady56

Aug 11, 2014 #854934

This company called me and left a message. I am so glad that I came online and checked them out. I had an instinctive feeling that they were shady.

WatchGlobe

Jun 26, 2014 #832191

This company is a fraudulent company and trying collect money without having any real debt. I have also reported to the District Attorney's office and pursuing a real investigation and bring criminal charges against them. I even spoke with them today. They are claiming with false claims that I have total over $120,000.00 USD with total from 3 companies. I have no clue what they are talking about.
They called me today and telephone nr showed up 770 870 1081 but they are not located in Georgia. Lady that I was speaking with she said her name is Veronica Green then I asked for a supervisor she just hung up on me. I called back soon heard my voice hung up again. After placing 5 calls a guy answer the phone but did not want to give me his name. However, he transferred me to his supervisor Steve Mamou. I asked him what is his street address because he is going get server with Court papers by US Marshall and he did not want to give me his address. Then he gave me a bogus PO box nr. Then I searched I found the address: Steve Mamou, Supervisor
10750 Hammerly Blvd.
Suite: 200
Houston, TX 77043
and their Corporate address is Convergent Outsourcing, Inc. PO Box 9004 Renton, WA 98057-9004 This is a fraudulant company and they are basically targeting innocent people to collect money. Also often they target to the senior citizens. Anyone receive any calls from this company please contact immidiately to you local authority or Call FBI at 935 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
... Show more

6 2 Reply
glen

Jun 17, 2014 #828497 Ross, North Dakota

Okay here we go got a letter from convergent so I called they wanted my information ss number all of that I told the women when I get the account information ill get back to her then I read the fine print if I didn't send a letter within 60 day disputing the debt they would assume the debit was valid. I sent it back told them had a account with AT&T 15 yrs. ago and 2004 did a bankruptcy it would have been discharged. So what do I get in the mail paperwork to find out if my identity was stolen. What does that have to do with the account information I requested. this supposedly was turned over to them from Palisades collection and now I 'm reading all these stories that this is a fraudulent thing these guys are pulling. Well we will see I am making a trip to Arizona in august and ill be making a stop at the bankruptcy court there I will inquire as to why a company would be trying to collect a debt that was discharged in my chapter 7 14 yrs. ago if they want the info on this company I will be more that happy to help the state go after these scammers since I'm a senior citizen and getting ready to retire I don't need this kind of stress.

JJ

May 17, 2014 #816245 Chicago, Illinois

This company is a fakes they asking you to pay them money and you didn't know about. Do not talk to them or respond to their mails.

1-20 of 82 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Convergent Outsourcing. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Convergent Outsourcing.
Filing a new complaint about
×