Convergent Outsourcing - Got a letter from convergent and I called :(
Hi, So I got a letter from Convergent outsourcing inc.saying that I owe money of $1995.
But If I do pay full amount of $698 which is 35% of the debt they will clear it. So I called and gave information about myself. They offered me of $550 and they said they will clear everything. I know I shouldn't have called.
But Since I did owe capital one money from 14 years ago, I did decide to call them. (I didn't have any information about it) I know! *** me! I should have googled before I call :( but I didn't.
But I am willing to pay if this is what I actually owed. I dont remember how much I owed since it has been 14 years. I didnt pay them yet, because I wasn't sure after I called. So I googled.
When i did, they said I dont have to pay the debt that is more than 14 years old. But if I do call them agree on paying them or decide to pay a little amount, then they will come back on record and it might hurt my credit score. So here is my quesion. Since I did owe them from 14 years ago and I did call them and gave them information, What should I do from now on?
I didn't pay them yet and didnt actually agree on paying them. But I did say that I will call back before 5pm (I didn't call back) after I get back home. When he asked me you used to have capitalone, I told him I am not sure if it was capitalone that I owe money since it has been more than 14 years and don't remember. Should I still write a letter to ask them for validity?
or should I pay what they offered?
If I do pay $550, will they not contact me ever for this matter?After paying , will they affect my score?
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "IQOR will not stop with its Harassing Telephone Spam. This company thinks the whole world owes them money. Just type in these phone numbers that they use to call people..."
- "We rec'd a nasty letter saying my grandmother owed Bradford Exchange company $50. I have never in my life seen such a nasty letter. We are not sure if she..."
- "Not sure where to begin with these people. I received a call from a guy named Jim Parker, who said he was with the sheriff's office (918 area code, same..."
- "We pay next-day delivery, and yet they remorselessly say "walang assurance" that your item will arrive on the said day. Item was supposed to arrive May 28 but it hasn't..."
- "My order went through (debit card approved), got verification e-mail then another e-mail asking for visual proof that I am who I claim to be. I suspect a hidden agenda. Gearbest..."
- "I had ordered a perfect martini and I found a gnat in my drink and the manager just offer to take the Drink and my food off the check and..."