Convergent Outsourcing - Convergent - collection agency is harrasing people

180 of 180 Convergent Outsourcing reviews

Just recieved a letter from Convergent Outsourcing, Inc located at Houston, TX 77043 regarding the debt with the compaby I had never had any account with.Convergent does not even my full name right.

They say I owe over $2,000 and they are willing to settle at 50%. I have just recieved a credit approval for mortgage, so it is a scam! I think people like me should try to see them in court and get compensation for punitive damages!

They also called my cel - I never talked to them as I thought it was a wrong number!Should I report them to DA?

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 176 Yes 176
180 of 180 Convergent Outsourcing reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Nov 22 #1244389 Richmond, Kentucky, United States

Those calls began when we got new phone service with Time Warner Cable. I don't owe anybody anything. It has to be a scam!

Apr 20 #1147675

The numbers I have on the bill they sent me are as follows:
Pay by Phone:800-477-5451 And it looks just like this on the bill.
855-728-9701 It's say (If we are calling you by error)
800-477-5451 This number is with they're Letterhead co. name ect.
There are a lot mistakes if it's from an actual agency.

VIVICA FOXY

Apr 15 #1145211 Opelousas, Louisiana, United States

I just checked my mail an there was a letter from Convergent Solutions stating I owe Bank of Marin in the amount of $926 but they are willing to accept $324 for settlement. I called the number and found only a recording(5 times repeated) & a sudden hang up. I called 3 more times a lady answered & then hung up after I asked her for more I formation. I called an hour later with the same recording. I DONT owe them ANYTHING. This is a very sophisticated scam. I will report to the ATTORNEY GENERAL OFFICE.

1 0 Reply
smt73

Mar 21 #1131672 Katy, Texas, United States

Let's do it. I just got home n got this letter. I like yourself is safeguarding my credit so quite naturally I inquired. A lady who says her name is Dawn Wms wanted the last 4 of my social n I refused. She goes I'm going to have to terminate this call since you refuse to in other words comply and I'm like you have enough info on me lady so let's verify you and by the way I don't have an account with these people that you are billing me about. Sounds quite simular to your problem.

Apr 14 #1144761

The exact same call came in to me this afternoon. Played out just as it did for you. I never give out my social. I have never received anything from these people in the mail. Total scam artists.

Mar 20 #1130785

I too got one on my credit report I will sue to if you do.

Mar 05 #1122683

I received a letter from Convergent indicating I owe $303.30 from a creditor called Jefferson Capital Systems. I have NEVER done any business with such a creditor. I tell you! These people should all rot in *** let alone prison.

Mar 01 #1120263

I received a letter from Convergent about a debt I have. States I purchased things in Midland in 2010, 2011 and 2013. Purchases were a trimmer. lawn mower and a lot of garden accessories. I know its not me because I have lived in an apartment since 2005. What need would I have for lawn equipment. I called them , but not a very good response.

Feb 12 #1111065

No way this is a scam

Feb 09 #1109028

Bunch of criminals trying to extort money from people.

Jan 09 #1091711

Received a collection letter yesterday from:
Convergent Outsourcing, Inc.
800 SW 39th St./PO Box 9004
Renton, WA 866-291-6364
Return address:
ATERSO01, PO Box 1022, Wixom MI They stated that I owed DirecTV $483.25 but they will settle for $193.30. I have never had nor used a service from DirecTV ever. Have no idea how they singled me out to dun me for this. I tried calling DirecTV to talk to customer service but was unable to get to a person. This appears to be a well organized scam. Too many "settlement offers" to non-customers to be just a coincidence.

Jan 07 #1090788

I got one from Convergent Outsourcing, Renton WA saying I owed "Direct Energy" $912.85 but they would settle the debt for $319.50. its not going to happen, I've never had any account with "Direct Energy" I will go law enforcement.

Nov 27, 2015 #1070427

I just received a letter from convergent.They say I owe them 169.73.Due in full.they sent this letter in my maiden name.And I have never lived anywhere they are from.As far as I know I owe them nothing.I don't understand whats going on.If anyone knows anything at all about this company please let me know

Jul 29, 2015 #1013504

I just got a call from a business stating that their name was Convergent Outsourcing (phone number on my Caller ID is916-431-0755) and they were a debt collection agency. No more information was given, save a phone number, which they gave so quickly, I did not have time to write down. I had no indication of what account it might be, who they thought they were talking to (in case it was a wrong number) or any other particulars. So I input the name in my search engine and ended up at this site. It seems to be the right place. I tried calling back the number, and was told someone would be with me several times, so I hung up. Does anyone recognize that number? If so, maybe it will help.

Jul 28, 2015 #1012904

Don't call them! Send a DEBT VALIDAT
ION LETTER (find online) and ask them to prove the debt. They will send you a letter of apology; but keep records to show any further harassment by them. To turn a blind eye to it will lead to a bad credit report.

Jul 14, 2015 #1007587

This is kind of helping us. We keep getting calls from Convergent people, but we don't know who they are. Thanks!

Jul 11, 2015 #1006247

I Just found out On My Credit Report that they say I owe 314.00 to T-Mobile as of 1-15-15 I haven't had T mobile since my ex-wife had it in 2010 and I canceled it and T-Mobile agrees with me., and T-Mobile doesn't show any account with them that went to collection, And Go figure they wont answer the Dam phone at the Number I get on there website,
So how do I get it off my Credit Report ?

Jul 23, 2015 #1010974

im going through the same problem did you figure yours out

Jun 08, 2015 #992603 Louisville, Kentucky, United States

I had this as well last week.....
they say these are ghost accounts....and once you agree to pay, THEY GOT YA!!"

Apr 21, 2015 #974531

Just had a letter from convergent use harassing me to pay a collection bill for 3,500$.
Never had this problem before. I will report them to the BBB.

2 2 Reply

1-20 of 116 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Convergent Outsourcing. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Convergent Outsourcing.
Filing a new complaint about
×