18.6K views

Just recieved a letter from Convergent Outsourcing, Inc located at Houston, TX 77043 regarding the debt with the compaby I had never had any account with.Convergent does not even my full name right.

They say I owe over $2,000 and they are willing to settle at 50%. I have just recieved a credit approval for mortgage, so it is a scam! I think people like me should try to see them in court and get compensation for punitive damages!

They also called my cel - I never talked to them as I thought it was a wrong number!Should I report them to DA?

Had an Experience with Convergent Outsourcing?

Comments

Richmond, Kentucky, United States #1244389

Those calls began when we got new phone service with Time Warner Cable. I don't owe anybody anything. It has to be a scam!

The numbers I have on the bill they sent me are as follows:

Pay by Phone:800-477-5451 And it looks just like this on the bill.

855-728-9701 It's say (If we are calling you by error)

800-477-5451 This number is with they're Letterhead co. name ect.

There are a lot mistakes if it's from an actual agency.

Opelousas, Louisiana, United States #1145211

I just checked my mail an there was a letter from Convergent Solutions stating I owe Bank of Marin in the amount of $926 but they are willing to accept $324 for settlement.I called the number and found only a recording(5 times repeated) & a sudden hang up.

I called 3 more times a lady answered & then hung up after I asked her for more I formation. I called an hour later with the same recording. I DONT owe them ANYTHING.

This is a very sophisticated scam.I will report to the ATTORNEY GENERAL OFFICE.

Katy, Texas, United States #1131672

Let's do it.I just got home n got this letter.

I like yourself is safeguarding my credit so quite naturally I inquired. A lady who says her name is Dawn Wms wanted the last 4 of my social n I refused.

She goes I'm going to have to terminate this call since you refuse to in other words comply and I'm like you have enough info on me lady so let's verify you and by the way I don't have an account with these people that you are billing me about.Sounds quite simular to your problem.

to smt73 #1144761

The exact same call came in to me this afternoon.Played out just as it did for you.

I never give out my social.

I have never received anything from these people in the mail.Total scam artists.

I too got one on my credit report I will sue to if you do.

I received a letter from Convergent indicating I owe $303.30 from a creditor called Jefferson Capital Systems.I have NEVER done any business with such a creditor.

I tell you!These people should all rot in *** let alone prison.

#1120263

I received a letter from Convergent about a debt I have.States I purchased things in Midland in 2010, 2011 and 2013.

Purchases were a trimmer. lawn mower and a lot of garden accessories. I know its not me because I have lived in an apartment since 2005.

What need would I have for lawn equipment.I called them , but not a very good response.

No way this is a scam

Bunch of criminals trying to extort money from people.