I got a call call on April 20, 2016, which is today as I am writing this. The phone number displayed is 1-000-000-0029. I did not answer it and it went to my answering machine.

The voice said they were from convergent Outsourcing, a Debt collector, then gave the phone number of 1-855-343-7890.

Clearly the phone number has been spoofed. The FDCPA says:

Title 47, U.S.C. Section 227(e)(1) (2012). Although the TCPA does not provide consumers a right to sue for using spoofed telephone numbers, it has expressed Congress’ finding that spoofing is deceptive and, therefore, is a deceptive trade practice.

People should be allowed to sue for spoofed numbers, because it has already been determined that it is a "deceptive trade practice".

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss collection agency scam. Convergent Outsourcing needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned collection agency scam in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Convergent Outsourcing.

Had an Experience with Convergent Outsourcing?

Comments

Simm Associates - Suspected Scam Simm Associates "I rec'd a call from an extremely rude woman, Lisa Wallace, who refused to verify what she was trying to collect saying I would be charged $ if she sent..." Read more TD And Company - Total Scammers. Do not give them any money. TD And Company "Not sure where to begin with these people. I received a call from a guy named Jim Parker, who said he was with the sheriff's office (918 area code, same..." Read more Allied International Credit - They have the wrong person! Allied International Credit "I received a bill from this company today claiming I owed EBay $353.91. Since I have not purchased anything on EBay in over 4 years this bill is obviously..." Read more IC System scam paypal washington state Ic System "IC System sent me a collection notice stating that I owe Paypal a significant amount of money. I owe nothing nor have I ever been in arrears to paypal. They..." Read more Gifttree - Terrible service, embarrassing product! Gifttree "Gifttree provides terrible service and a completely embarrassing product! I wish I had read the reviews before ordering flowers for my mom's birthday through this company! I paid extra to..." Read more Etrailer - Horrible Customer Service / Returns Etrailer "I ordered 2 sets of trailer keys. 1 set worked, the other didn't as the sets were cut differently. They sent me an email survey which I responded to and..." Read more Lexus - Dangerous design+airbags failed to deploy Lexus "Hybrid CT200h doesn't have a "park" setting on the gear shift. Car must be turned off. Unfortunately, a new driver in this car would not know that. In this case,..." Read more CCC Information Services - Bad Customer Service CCC Information Services "I have been using CCC for 20 years, in the beginning they were a great company but as they became bigger and bigger that's when things changed for the worse...." Read more