Convergent Outsourcing - Convergent using spoofed phone numbers
I got a call call on April 20, 2016, which is today as I am writing this. The phone number displayed is 1-000-000-0029. I did not answer it and it went to my answering machine.
The voice said they were from convergent Outsourcing, a Debt collector, then gave the phone number of 1-855-343-7890.
Clearly the phone number has been spoofed. The FDCPA says:
Title 47, U.S.C. Section 227(e)(1) (2012). Although the TCPA does not provide consumers a right to sue for using spoofed telephone numbers, it has expressed Congress’ finding that spoofing is deceptive and, therefore, is a deceptive trade practice.
People should be allowed to sue for spoofed numbers, because it has already been determined that it is a "deceptive trade practice".
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Product or service
- Collection Agency Scam
- Review category
- Collection Agencies
You May Also Like
- "What is largely missing from much business interactions are good communications. Here's what I've learned from this situation. As vitriolic as my original report is, once Doug Bradshaw..."
- "They are very deceptive people. I received a letter about a Loan Rehabilitation Program. They letter from Dave Finney, the so-called "Collection Manager" estimated my payment to be..."
- "I had a debt with this agency, two tickets I couldn't pay because I didn't have the money then. I asked my employer to lend me the money to pay..."
- "I received my delivery for Valentines Day. Not a single bud had broken open. I took pictures of what I received and tried to reply to my order/delivery email from..."
- "I am getting ready to close my account they said I overdrafted and I didn't and now I owe them $92 and they stole my $48 I haven't gotten any..."
- "After checking the two locations within 25 miles of my house only to find out they both were out of stock, I finally ordered the limited edition Santa Cruz Star..."
- "Thank God I only purchased 1 item - a coat. My flannel nightgowns have more shape and quality than the completely crappy coat I got from Modily! It cost $31.50..."
- "Order 32 chairs, 12 of them either have scratch or nails through the back to the front. They never sent me any tracking numbers or delivery date even I called..."
- "Ordered a "Gildan Hoodie for the campaign ***Limited Edition***" on a bearded dragon which my son has 4 at home, and thought this would be an awesome bday gift! Ordered..."