Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

I got a call call on April 20, 2016, which is today as I am writing this. The phone number displayed is 1-000-000-0029. I did not answer it and it went to my answering machine.

The voice said they were from convergent Outsourcing, a Debt collector, then gave the phone number of 1-855-343-7890.

Clearly the phone number has been spoofed. The FDCPA says:

Title 47, U.S.C. Section 227(e)(1) (2012). Although the TCPA does not provide consumers a right to sue for using spoofed telephone numbers, it has expressed Congress’ finding that spoofing is deceptive and, therefore, is a deceptive trade practice.

People should be allowed to sue for spoofed numbers, because it has already been determined that it is a "deceptive trade practice".

Review about: Collection Agency Scam.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Other / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Convergent Outsourcing?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.

TD And Company - Total Scammers. Do not give them any money. TD And Company "Not sure where to begin with these people. I received a call from a guy named Jim Parker, who said he was with the sheriff's office (918 area code, same..." Read more MIDWEST TITLE LOANS-ST.JOE MISSOURI REPO-MEN REPOED MY VEHICLE WATCH OUT! MidWest Title Loans "Midwest Title Loans in St. Joe Missouri Reposed my Vehicle without giving me and my 7 year old a chance to retrieve our personal belongings. After taking out 4 previous..." Read more Rjm Acquisitions - Never opend account with  yall Rjm Acquisitions "I got two diffrent bills in from yall the other day and it says the first one was bck in 95 i was only 13 then and another bck for..." Read more ER Solutions needs a class action lawsuit ER Solutions "This company is a fraud. They say I owe Paypal $930.00 and I almost never use Paypal. I called Paypal customer service AND the Paypal collections department and..." Read more Don Juravin - Hoax alert! Roca Lab's Gastric Bypass Alternative NO Surgery proven to be a sham! Don Juravin "Don't fall for this internet quackery called Gastric Bypass Alternative NO Surgery. This stuff tastes terrible and shockingly the owner of Roca Labs who claims to have invented this stuff..." Read more Leonid Dzhedzhula - My PayEE ID is wrong Leonid Dzhedzhula "Dear Support TEam, I need to withdraw money from Swiss Freelance company ( DeutscheForschungsGruppe ), but PayEE ID: BrideFord92 is wrong, so I could not invoice the company for the..." Read more Sears Garage Door (through the internet) Sears "Summary: 1. New garage door ($1,400). 2. Two months of use. 3. Garage crumples from top down due to improper installation (garage opener set improperly). 4. False advertising (Sears uses..." Read more Calatlantic Homes - Lousy landscaping from Calatlantic! Calatlantic Homes "My wife and I bought a home from Calatlantic in February of 2016 and had generally been happy with our new home - that is, except for the landscaping. About..." Read more